2011年12月6日 星期二

Toastmasters Management (1)


I think I can start to record my experience, especially in management in TM now. After all, it's a chance for me to practice leadership skills and I do learn from it. I hope to apply these skills and experience to my job in the future. I am going to name it "TM management (x)"

Recently, I have reading a book "QBQ! The Question Behind The Question." The main reason is that I want to find out more solutions to the current problems I've encountered ever since I served as the secretary of Div. E & VPPR of Legend TMC.
The climate changed a lot, compared with the one beforehand. My previous resources, like my good friends (left TM), are gone.
I used to talk to my friends about the things bothered me, through the discussion, I would figure things out. Unfortunately, the climate changed, so, I have to find another method.
So, I started to search answers from books, like  business management. I noticed the book "QBQ" was simple and currently made me look at the problems with different perspectives.

The essence of "QBQ" are:
*Ask "what" and "how", instead of "why", "when" and "who."
*Use "I", not "you", "they" and "we"
* Action
* Stop complaining
* I can only change myself
* Act now.

One part caught me attention was about "ask the right question"

previous ones like:
* Manager: (the questions are modified in order to fit TM style)
Why the new members don't read the manuals?
When can we have good officers?
Why members are not active to take the job assignments?
Why members don't reply mail?   

QBQ will ask:
How can I do to help the members to read manuals?
How can I get to know more about members?

.........................
Toastmasters is not a profit organization. But, the principles of driving a group of people to do somethings are somehow the same, I think.

Maybe I have been asking the wrong questions.
Maybe my members have been asking the wrong questions, as well.


Dec 6,2011

沒有留言: