2010年5月15日 星期六

My "I can't " box

April and early May was my best of time and worst of time. 
my "I can't" and "I can" boxes


It's hard to solve the interpersonal relationships (conflicts), at the same time , it's great to get the support from my friends. 

The things I didn't like, and the things I like, all came to me these days. I didn't know how to deal with them, and I was afraid. 

These days, I opened my "I can't" and "I can" boxes. I re-read these letters and then, I wrote some letters. I put them all back into the boxes. 

These boxes are the metaphors for me: they are the symbol of my mental space. 
There is linguistic theory: "performative speech act" indicates "the action of the sentence" is not performed yet, it will. The speaker would do it. 

For example, "I can finish my thesis in June." Now, the action of this sentence is not "performed," and now is not "June." But, I will do it. I will perform the speech act. As a linguistist-to-be, I know it's much powerful to use these sentences to drive me to reach the goals. 

Cheer up! 

沒有留言: