2012年1月18日 星期三

Life is .......


"Life is......" is the  topic for my very first speech contest back to the time when I was the college student. That time, I was 21, I was really not sure "what's life?" I actually found my possible answer from one magazine. It's "Life is like a journey, sometimes it stumbles,but we always keep moving forward....."
At the time, life is ................all about school: English & American literature, volleyball, and jelly milk tea. I couldn't say that I understood the question "Life is......"
Yesterday, group of college friends gathered together to see the 2nd child of our friend. After the Chinese New Year, she would go back to Beijing. 



Very cute, and super cute 4-month old baby. Everything about her was "cute." 
Since my college friends and I haven't seen each other for long, we had lots to talk. Mostly was about update our status. Life, job, marriage, health, and goals.......
It's quite a scene for me, just like one shot of movies: group of people gather together to celebrate the special days: they talk and talk and talk. They bring the new family members to the gathering(baby, husband, and partner) They talk about the difficulties in life, and get the feedback from these friends. They also get to know the new members of the gathering, and they expect something change continuously "the updates status of the 4-year-old, the life in Beijing, and the life of being a teacher......." 
Warm and good to see old friends.
.............................
When I was holding the baby in my arms. I thought of my grandfather, who died 3 months ago. Almost the same time with the 4-month baby. I couldn't say that I was totally recovery from the death of my family. But, by looking at the baby, reminded me that life is short, something is gone, and something would come to you as well. Life sucks, but I still need to move forward. 

沒有留言: