2013年7月1日 星期一

[Legend] (Jul-Dec) 2009-2010

June, 2009 Discharge and installation ceremonies

My first time to see the big event of Legend TMC.
Actually, I didn't know them very well, but, I was moved by the atmosphere, there.
Compared with my 4th year journey in Legend TMC, now, I was too picky toward the details, as in officers were not following the procedures, members were not coming, sister clubs didn't support us.......etc.
I guessed these kinds of questions did exist that time, I meant, back at 2009, and still exited till now.
The only things differed would be my perspectives toward these situation.
In the past, I was not the officer, and I didn't take the responsibilities, thus, I felt happy that time.
As  I followed Alvin Lee through the leadership track the past 3 years, I started to feel "uncomfortable" toward Toastmasters Events. 
I needed to deal with this!



 July, 2009 meeting

It was my first time to delivery my speech at Legend TMC.
That was my 6th speech, with the objective of "vocal variety", speech title "Sandy, Toastmasters."
Actually, May 2009- June 2010, I was the dual members of Legend and Legacy Toastmasters  clubs,so, I did delivery my C6 speech the 2 consecutive days.
One was the Friday of July at Legacy TMC.
That time was the beginning of my "my rush hour from Taipei to Neili on the weekends"
=="
But, that time, I was having fun.



 Aug, 2009 Meeting
Due to our member, Rebecca Sung, would gave an lecture at the Taoyuan city govenorment in the afternoon of the same meeting, thus, we moved the meeting to the morning. 10 A.M.
However, we had a great time.
Lots of support, interesting topics, and we just cherished the time of being together.
We had 5 different gatherings at the same day:
1. regular meeting at the 10;
2. lunch time at 12-13;
3. Rushed to the government and listened to Rebecca's lecture;
4. Went to eat ice ;
5. Heading back toward the meeting venue.

That time was fun.



Sept, 2009 Meeting
Henson and Justin's birth month.
It's the first time for me to see people celebrate the members or participants' birthday in Toastmaster's meeting, with the dolls and kid's stuff.
I didn't know lots of members had already wrote down the wishes for Justin through Cody and Oxford's mail, then, those wishes turned into a real book for Justin.

That day, I delivered my C7 speech with the objective of "research your topic", title "my [i] and [I]".
Talking about the pronunciation. 
Again, I delivered the same speech for 2 times, one was the Friday of Sept, at Legacy TMC; the other was the Saturday of Sept, at Legend TMC. 
I started to get to know: individual evaporator's evaluation would differ even to the same speech, location, age, and experience, and taste....all counted.


Oct, 2009 Meeting Agenda

14:15 Reception
14:30 Call Meeting to Order & Pledge-Sgt-At-Arms David Yu 
14:32 Opening by President Alvin Lee
14:45 Toastmaster of the Meeting Rebecca Sung/VPE
Timer/Ah-counter
14:55 Variety Session
15:10 Prepared Speech
Is boss always right? (C9, 5’~7’) Pearl Kang/Legend
TBD Roy Lee/HsinChu VPM
How to start a conversation at party (A26, 18’~22’) DJ Cheng/VIP
Declaration of Independence (Contest speech) Cody Huang/Legend
16:00 Intermission
16:10 Table Topic Sandy Tseng/Legend
16:25 Evaluation Session
General Evaluator Kevin Lin/Linkou President
The 1st Timer report / Ah-Counter report
Evaluator for Pearl Kang (2’~3’) Ann Huang/Logntan
Evaluator for Roy Lee (2’~3’)
Evaluator for (2’~3’) for DJ Cheng Tobie Openshaw/Legend
Evaluator for Cody Huang David Yu/
Evaluator for (2’~3’) for Cody Huang Josh Yang/CP
The 2nd Timer report / Ah-Counter report
16:50 Comments from Guests Alvin Lee
16:55 Announcement of Trophy Winners and Closing remarks Alvin Lee
17:00 Meeting Adjourned 








Nov, 2009 Meeting

14:15 Reception
14:30 Call Meeting to Order & Pledge-Sgt-At-Arms David Yu 
14:32 Opening by President Alvin Lee
14:45 Toastmaster of the Meeting Code Huang/The 3rd place of Div. E contest
Timer/Ah-counter
14:55 Variety Session Rebecca Sung/Legend VPE
15:10 Prepared Speech
TBD (C8, 5’~7’) Joie Huang/YZU VPE
TBD (A1) Alvin Lee/Legend

16:00 Intermission
16:10 Table Topic Vicky/Legend IPP
16:25 Evaluation Session
General Evaluator Tobie Openshaw/Legend
The 1st Timer report / Ah-Counter report
Evaluator for Joie (2’~3’) David Yu
Evaluator for Alvin Lee (2’~3’) Brian Lin/YZU Golden Evaluator
Evaluator for (2’~3’)
The 2nd Timer report / Ah-Counter report
16:50 Comments from Guests Alvin Lee
16:55 Announcement of Trophy Winners and Closing remarks Alvin Lee
17:00 Meeting Adjourned



Photo?

Dec, 2009 Meeting noice from FB


Remember my table topic session hosted on Oct 3 (the mid-autumn festival)?

Last Sat, when I went home, I saw the "black box: contained every one's "I CAN’T " ", I realized that I need to "remind" all of you that we will open the box in March 7, 2010. 

So, I want to propose the meeting theme of Dec 5 to "I can't, part two"

Just like school-time, I will give you a midterm exam on Dec 5.

Everyone, please send me one photo (file), with some explanations on it, before the meeting.
The photo will be related to "I CAN'T……"
(That why I call it “part two”)


For example, mine is in the attached photo on facebook.
It's an old woman in wheelchair....
I can't get my knees better. That's Sandy's "I can,'t"

As to the rest of it, let’s figure it out on Dec 5.

Miss I can’t (my C4 speech title)
Sandy Tseng





Also, Area E1 Governor, Vicky Li, hosted the Division E X'mas party.
We had a dinner to thank all the crew.
In a very cold winter evening.
Later on, Alvin took over the Area E1 Governor, and then, Division E's governor, the consecutive 2 years.
We didn't host this kind of celebrate dinners anymore.
I missed this kind of celebration, the purpose of it, was to let the crew gather together to express how them felt, and enjoyed the glory.



沒有留言: